Interested in a career in global health or looking to change roles? Check out the below vacancies from across our membership.
£38,304 - £41,517
King’s Global Health Partnerships, (KGHP) are working to improve healthcare and its outcomes in four African countries – Somaliland, Sierra Leone, DR Congo and Zambia.
The postholder will lead the implementation of our funding strategy for statutory and institutional donors, supporting high quality project design, proposal development and donor engagement. This includes supporting proposal and budget development; leading the diversification of our portfolio of donors and partners; developing donor engagement strategies; identifying new funding opportunities; liaising with colleagues across the partnerships and with the KCL Fundraising team.
The postholder will also play a role in strengthening systems to ensure that contracted funding is managed effectively, accountably and in compliance with contractual requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead on the delivery of KGHP’s funding strategy and support the development of plans to achieve funding objectives. Support colleagues in the development of country-specific funding strategies and in donor /consortium partner engagement
• Regularly monitor funding opportunities and maintain, share intelligence and develop plans relating to potential opportunities. Develop and share analysis and insights into trends, building a strong understanding of emerging funding opportunities and changes in the donor landscape.
• Lead on development of high-quality grant and commercial tender submissions to institutional donors
• Provide hands-on support to the development of proposals and budgets, working in particular to support the newer partnerships – with priority to DR Congo and Zambia – and new thematic areas of work
• Strengthen KGHP approaches to the development of proposals and grant management, by developing tools and resources, and promoting cross-partnership learning
• Support the development of new partnerships with donors and consortia partners at a UK and international level. Represent King’s Global Health Partnerships externally to donors and consortia partners.
• Ensure effective coordination across the partnerships, maintaining an overview of funding, proposal submission and donor communication
• Support decision making and risk assessment relating to new funding opportunities
• Ensure compliance across KGHP’s portfolio of grants, acting as a central source of knowledge and advice and ensuring alignment between partnership operations and School/ Faculty/ university systems
• Oversee contract negotiation and ensure that due diligence requirements are met, including due diligence on, and sub-contracting of, downstream partners liaising with the School’s Senior Operations Officer (Research) and the Research and Researchers Directorate where necessary
• Oversee timelines for financial and narrative reporting across the partnerships, working with colleagues to ensure that high quality and comprehensive narrative and financial reports are submitted in a timely fashion
• Provide hands-on support to the management of the larger and more complex grants across the partnerships
• Identify programmatic synergies between the Partnerships, seeking out opportunities for collaboration and cross-Partnership funding opportunities
• Work closely with colleagues in KCL Fundraising team to develop projects which appeal to trusts and foundations, major donors and potential corporate partners.
Region: London and the southeast
Closing Date: 6 February 2020. Apply here.